The emerging fashion new frontier is developing out of Africa. Young fashion entrepreneurs are springing in dynamic waves. It used to be somewhat of a small closed group of big African fashion designers, but this is gradually being succeeded by fierce young fashion designers whose passion and creativity has caught the attention of the international world of fashion.
This development in the African creative industry will without a doubt impact on the global fashion industry at large. In fact, creative commentators have also agreed that following the pace with which designers are coming on strong and fast, the African fashion designers may soon dominate the fashion industry as a whole. Here are some reasons why this statement may be true, after all.
- African style tops and dresses are becoming a constant on the fashion scene.
- The economic reality of African countries has continued to drive creative entrepreneurs to pursue a career in the fashion industry. The income generated only in this industry alone annually is unbelievable.
- The majority of emerging African fashion designers are youths, energetic, innovative and creative ready to take their fashion career to the next level.
- The rich African cultural heritage with the ingenuity and designers' innovation are regularly turned into tradable fashion products.
- African countries as a whole have now woken up to the advantages in showcasing their culture to the international communities through diverse means, one of which is fashion.
- The fashion industry is very vast and can accommodate upcoming talents, thereby solving one of African's biggest problems of job creation and human development.
- Entrepreneurs, including fashion designers, are crucial to the economic growth and development agenda of African countries; this means that the various governments will continue to support the creative industry to foster economic development and relevance in the global market.
- The world tends to be currently drifting towards trending African print fabrics and African style outfits, thereby creating more opportunities for the African fashion designers to make a boom in the fashion market.
- People are getting more interested in other people's stories and are therefore open acquiring products that may help them have a close enough feeling of such stories. For example, the Nigerian Adire tells a cultural story of the Yorubas.
- The internet has bridged the gap between countries, sellers, and buyers. Taking advantage of online marketing, the African fashion designer can reach millions of audience and convert them to customers.
With the reasons we have considered above, to conclude that the African fashion designers may soon dominate the fashion industry may just be on point.